[NEW YORK] Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
1-Day Lecture/Workshop with the amazing illustrator Kim Jung Gi and renowned art instructor Hyun Jin Kim (CEO of SuperAni Studio)
Hyun Jin Kim
Part I: How to draw hands
- Hands are almost universally believed to be the most difficult part of the human body to sketch. Hyun Jin will deconstruct the hand's own anatomy, so you can make sense of it as a group of simple forms.
- An in-depth look at the skeletal structure of the hand and various demonstrations (including the skeleton, muscle, skin overlay, movement, and watercolor demonstration)
Part II: Watercolor portrait painting
- Hyun Jin is renowned for realistic watercolor portraits. Although Hyun Jin's techniques are not so easy to master, his demonstrations will make it clear that he can teach almost anyone to improve their skills in watercolor portrait painting.
Kim Jung Gi
Part I: Narrative Illustration
- Much of the best illustration work tells stories to engage viewers and convey their meaning. During this session, KJG will share his own methods used to build an effective narrative image.
- KJG will cover composition, value control, figure arrangement, perspective, depth, light & shadow, scale change, texture & pattern, and viewpoint.
Part II: Imaginative Illustration
- KJG will take you on an exciting creative and technical journey showing you how he creates a compelling illustration purely from imagination. You will learn the creative process of his working methods & techniques during this session.
This event is designed for all skill levels and disciplines.
- Snacks and refreshments will be served.
- Paid registrations canceled up to fifteen (15) days prior to the workshop are entitled to a full refund. All cancellations within fifteen (15) days prior to the workshop or are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% based on the order total of the canceled workshop. All cancellations must be submitted in writing (via e-mail - email@example.com).
- If you do not cancel or are a “no-show” for any Workshop, any registration fee paid will be forfeited and no refund or credit will be offered. If it becomes necessary to cancel, or you are unable to attend the Workshop, you may send a friend or family member in your place to take your space in the Workshop.
0 Left of 130 Seats
Date: Tuesday, October 2nd
Time: 7:30PM - 11PM
Location: Helen Mills Theater
137 W. 26th St. New York, NY. 10001
(212) 243-6200 | www.helenmills.com
PLEASE BRING YOUR TICKET OR SHOW ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE