Workshop: Composition and Storytelling with Kim Jung Gi
Kim Jung Gi will make an appearance in New York City! This will be his first trip to the United States since the pandemic began. He is eager to share his knowledge and answer any questions you have had over the last two years.
Kim Jung Gi's work appears to be spontaneous, with no sketches or references to look at, but careful planning is required. Attendees will see his research process and how to create a dynamic composition to fulfill the storytelling in this workshop.
In this lecture, he will demonstrate how to use various compositions in storytelling, as well as how to use different camera angles with various adjectives. There are plenty more!
- Following the workshop, merchandise sales will take place (Prints and signed sketchbooks will be available)
- The recently released sketchbook "2022 Sketch Collection" will be for sale
- Sandwiches and refreshments will be available
- Limited to 140 seats
- In this event, a mask will be required
0 left of 140 Seats
Date: Wednesday, October 5th
Time: 6 PM - 10 PM
Location: Helen Mills Theater
137 W. 26th St. New York, NY. 10001
(212) 243-6200 | www.helenmills.com
5:20 pm Check-in (Present your QR code for a rapid check-in).
5:20 pm - 6:00 pm Book and merchandise purchase
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm Workshop Part I
- Kim Jung Gi will share a drawing topic/narrative at the start of the lecture and will collaborate with attendees to develop the narratives.
- Kim Jung Gi will discuss his research and creative process for creating various compositions.
- How to use various camera angles with different adjectives.
7:30 - 8:00 pm Break (merchandise available for purchase).
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm Workshop Part II
- One of the compositions will be chosen for the final round.
- Kim Jug Gi's creative process will bring the composition to its conclusion.
9:30 pm - 10:00 pm Q&A
PLEASE PRINT AND BRING YOUR RECEIPT (OR SHOW IT ON YOUR SMART PHONE) & SHOW YOUR ID AT THE DOOR.
- Paid registrations canceled up to five (10) days prior to the workshop are entitled to a full refund. All cancellations within five (5) days prior to the workshop are subject to a cancellation fee of 50% based on the order total of the canceled workshop. All cancellations must be submitted in writing (via e-mail).
- If you do not cancel or are a “no-show” for any Workshop, any registration fee paid will be forfeited and no refund or credit will be offered. If it becomes necessary to cancel, or you are unable to attend the Workshop, you may send a friend or family member in your place to take your space in the Workshop.